Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shoes or food?

Unemployment: Day in 88 Business Days; Day in 120 Human Days

It's been 7 hours and 120 days...since they took my job away.

Shoes or food?  This is one of the tough choices every unemployed woman must make with every unemployment check deposited.  

This week I chose shoes.  Eek!  

But aren't they just the most precious, totes gorge lil' numbers you've ever seen?!  And I got them on Bluefly, so theoretically, I saved money even though I spent money.  Just humor me.

Wanna see more shoes that other women put before food?  Check 'em here!  And here!

In order to justify their cost, I want to start getting use out of them immediately.  Since I have no job or social life, this means that I've taken to wearing them around grandma's house in my pajamas.
Additionally, in order to make up for their cost, this is what I will be eating this week.  My dad brought over the monthly supply of Activia from Costco!  Thank Bono, cause I don't know how else I'll digest all them carbs.
And yes, that is baby's breath you see looming above the doughnuts.  I live at my grandma's house.  Baby's breath is a breathin' most of the air around here.

Perri, my Personal Action Coach, says I need to explore whether I simply think these shoes are pretty or whether they serve some sort of emotional need.  I think it's a little bit of both.  

Jobless City Challenge:  Find a way to afford my latest shoe must-have by applying culinary creativity.

Money Saved: -$120  - Yes, that's negative money, but when you consider that the original cost was $475, I actually saved $355.  Humor me!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, they are quite divine. You know how I feel about shoes. Gorgeous single women deserve them, above all else.

    ReplyDelete