Sunday, June 7, 2009

Help Send I WILL FOLLOW to FringeNYC!

Unemployment: Day 111 in Business Days; Day 153 in Human Days

It's been 7 hours and 153 days...since they took my job away.

I attended the FringeNYC Town Hall meeting yesterday and am 110% inspired and energized for this festival.  It was an incredible experience to sit in a theater amongst the 200 other playwrights and producers selected for FringeNYC 2009 and listen to Elena Holly, FringeNYC's Producing Artistic Director, explain what's in store for us over the next 3 months. 

Part of what's in store for me is paying for this baby.  As an unemployed gal, it's gonna be a challenge, but as a fabulous gal, I know I can make it happen.  The budget for our production of I WILL FOLLOW is $6,500, only a small fraction of which will be covered by ticket sales.  I am reaching out to you, people of the intarwebs, to donate anything you can.  I know it's tough times for everyone out there right now.  I'm probably a total asshole to ask you for money that you could use to buy ramen or bruised fruit at a discount.  But for me, the success of this show means the difference between taking my creative career to the next level and actually making a living doing what I love, or remaining jobless at my grandma's, or worse - returning to a survival job that will surely suck the life out of me.  I need your help to get this show on stage...and to get my life on track.

Any amount you can contribute toward production costs is deeply appreciated and will be acknowledged in the program and on our production website (which will be launched later this week).   Here are a few examples of ways your donation can help:
  • $50 rents studio space for one rehearsal
  • $100 costumes one character in the play
  • $300 prints 1,000 postcards publicizing the show
  • $500 outfits the play’s set or buys postage for our mailings
The easiest way to make a donation is to click on this paypal link and use your credit card to make a secure payment.  

You can also send a check to:

Barri Tsavaris
Pennyfield Productions
149 E 23 St, Suite 1806
New York, NY 10159
Please spread the word to your friends and family so they too can support a young artist on the verge. If I can get 260 people to donate $25 each, then I will reach my budget.

10% of all ticket proceeds from I WILL FOLLOW will be donated to The One Campaign, a non-profit organization cofounded by U2 front man, Bono, and dedicated to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable diseases, particularly in Africa.

"One love, one blood, one life...we get to carry each other, carry each other."
~U2

No comments:

Post a Comment